Happy weekend to you, friendly faces! I’m so excited about this post today – okay let’s be real I’m always excited, but I’m extra excited about this one. My fruity soul sister Natalie of Feasting on Fruit and I teamed up to bring you some delicious vegan milkshakes!
Do you know Natalie? I bet (and hope) you do because she is the queen of wholesome fruity dessert magic! Like seriously just look at these beautiful purple power parfaits. Other than beautiful food, Natalie also makes the most incredible videos! She’s a big part of why I even started experimenting with video in the first place, so it seems only right that when we finally teamed up that it’d be for a sweet video collab!
My milkshake that brings all the boyz to the yard 👉 a chocolate covered pretzel milkshake!
It all begins with pretzel milk… It’s like the famous cereal milk, but with pretzels! Pretzels get toasted, soaked in almond milk, and then strained and it becomes a flavourful slightly salty milk. It’s definitely an interesting flavour and I’m so into it.
Into the blender goes the pretzel milk along with frozen banana, ice, and some soaked pretzels to thicken it up. I kept the ingredients for the shake simple to let that pretzel flavour shine. Then comes the chocolate sauce, coconut whipped cream, chocolate covered pretzels, and a cherry on top! Not optional. Just kidding, you do you boo.
I will say that this chocolate covered pretzel milkshake goes hand and hand with a night of Orange Is The New Black. May or may not know this from personal experience…
If you give this chocolate covered pretzel milkshake a try, let me know! Instagram it, Tweet it, or comment below.
Don’t forget to check out Natalie’s fruity milkshake creation and all her other scrumptious recipes and addicting videos!
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- handful of ice
- 4-5 pretzels
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- chocolate sauce*
- coconut whipped cream
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Spread pretzels on a baking tray, using the bottom of a mug or bowl lightly break up the pretzels.
- Toast for 10-12 minutes or until darker brown.
- Remove from oven and pour pretzels into a bowl. Pour almond milk over top and let sit for at least 15 minutes or longer if you have the time.
- While the pretzels are soaking you can make the chocolate covered pretzels.
- Microwave the chocolate chips in 20 second intervals until fully melted.
- Dip pretzels in the chocolate and place on a parchment lined plate. Place in freezer to set.
- Once the pretzel milk is ready, pour through a strainer.
- Add the pretzel milk, frozen banana, ice, and ⅛ cup of the soaked pretzels to a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- If you'd like it thicker add some more pretzels and ice.
- Line the sides of a glass with chocolate sauce, pour in the milkshake, top with coconut whipped cream, chocolate covered pretzels, and more chocolate sauce.