It’s #popsicleweek 2017, sweet friends and I’m so excited to join this celebration.
It’s also summer! And daaaang it’s been really feeling like it here. SO HOT. Perfect timing for a week of popsicles around the web. I’ve been obsessed with popsicle week for like 3 years now and always promise myself I’ll participate the next year. Thennnn whoomp there it is, just out of nowhere the week appears, and I miss out on joining the fun. I still swoon over all the beautiful popsicles and just start planning for the next year, determined not to miss it. Finally friends, here we are. A popsicle recipe during popsicle week.
Did it sneak up on me and and result in me developing this recipe just the day before posting? Maybe, but that’s not a secret I’ll ever tell xoxo.
Continuing with the rich and decadent popsicle kick with these chocolate rosemary caramel swirl popsicles. These are basically all my dreams come true in the form of a popsicle. Rosemary caramel is one of the best things to ever grace my tastebuds and definitely one of my favourite recipes up on here. I’ve been plotting its return for ages now and popsicles are the perfect vessel for the sweet, floral, ooey gooey goodness. The chocolate popsicle is super simple to let the caramel really shine, but nevertheless it’s delicious, creamy, and rich. A perfect match. A handful of cacao nibs made its way in to the mix for a nice crunch and bitterness. But the cherry on top? SEA SALT FLAKES. It enhances the flavours while also bringing them together in a magical way.
Another win for this recipe is that you’ll have some leftover rosemary caramel that you can put on anything and everything. Highly recommend it on ice cream, oatmeal, swirled into brownies (omg I need to get on this), and my personal fave –> straight from a spoon. Or you can make more popsicles since this makes a small batch of just 4. You do you, honey boo.
Make sure to also check out all the other popsicle beauties this week! There’s even a fancy new directory that makes it easy peasy and is very aesthetically pleasing. And a big thanks to Billy of Wit and Vinegar for hosting this annual food blog party week! If you haven’t checked out his stuff yet, go go go! His photos are incredible – they’re so unique and bright and the way he writes is hilarious. Obsessed. I think you will be too, so definitely scroll through some of his goodies.
If you give these chocolate rosemary caramel swirl popsicles a try – let me know! Share a photo on Instagram, Tweet about, or leave a comment down below. I love hearing from you!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons cashew milk (or canned coconut milk for richer & creamier result)
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- One batch of rosemary caramel (recipe linked below)
- Blend frozen bananas with cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, and cashew milk until smooth.
- Add the cacao nibs and pulse a few times to mix in.
- Put a spoonful of the chocolate mixture into your popsicle mold, drizzle in some caramel, then continue to alternate between the two until the mold is filled to the top. Repeat with the rest of the chocolate ice cream mixture. Stick a popsicle stick into the middle of each.
- Freeze overnight.
- To remove them, run warm water over the molds and gently wiggle the sticks until you can pull them out.
>> Rosemary Caramel recipe <<