“It smells so good in here. What are you cooking right now? It smells like cookies. Like. Really good cookies.”
My brother said as this cookie dough granola was in the oven.
This recipe was inspired by two of my loves: cookies and cereal.
It’s no secret that I’m a complete cookie monster. Anything even slightly cookie related has my heart. I could seriously be won over with cookie dough.
Then there’s cereal. A new love of mine. Or maybe I should say addiction. Somedays (okay most days) I eat it for dessert. If not, I have it as an afternoon snack. Or lunch.
This cookie dough granola lets me have both together.
And it’s healthy?!?
Both the granola and the cookie dough are refined sugar free, oil free, and full of wholesome ingredients. There are chia seeds, flax, cacao nibs, oats, buckwheat…
So many health foods and so many textures. Textures are huge for me, I try to have as many textures at once as possibly. This granola accommodates to this desire. There’s all sorts of different crisps, crunches, and chews.
Feel free to use any grains or nuts you’d like! That’s the great thing about granola, it’s so versatile.
Granola is also perfect for quick breakfasts or tasty snacks. I love it with almond milk, sprinkled on coconut yogurt, and sometimes just by the handful.
There’s no judgment if not all the cookie dough makes it into the granola or if not all the granola makes it to the jar because mine sure didn’t.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! If you make this cookie dough granola, snap a picture and tag @lovemefeedme on Instagram, I’d love to see!
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup buckwheat groats
- ½ cup puffed brown rice
- 1 tbsp flax
- 1 tbsp chia
- 1.5 tbsp cashew butter*
- 1.5 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20-30 drops liquid stevia
- ⅓ cup oat flour*
- ½-1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking stevia (or more coconut sugar)
- pinch of baking soda
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (or mini chocolate chips)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 420F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the oats in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl vigorously mix the cashew butter and almond milk until well combined, mix in the applesauce, vanilla, and stevia.
- Pour into dry and mix until everything is completely coated.
- Spread on to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes, stirring halfway through and watching carefully near the end.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Simply combine all ingredients and roll into several mini balls.
- Once the granola has cooled, mix the cookie dough in.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
- Enjoy with almond milk, dairy free yogurt, on top of ice cream, or by itself!
Cashew butter could be subbed with another nut butter, but it won’t taste as cookie dough-y.
To make oat flour simply blend rolled oats in a blender or food processor.