Okay, deep breaths.
The name doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue, but I had to get all the goodness in to the title so right away you can imagine the perfection that is these brownies.
I know it wasn’t long ago that I posted my salted chocolate brownies, but I’ve one upped them completely with these Lavender Chai Maple Tahini Swirl Brownies.
It’s not secret that I’m obsessed with the maple syrup + tahini combination (see here, here, and here). If you’ve never tried combining the two, do it. It goes with anything and everything. Depending on the tahini to maple ratio, it can be for sweet or savoury meals.
But before we talk about these fudgy brownies, let’s talk maple syrup.
My obsession with maple syrup is rather new. I ate it as a kid, usually on those frozen french toast sticks slathered with peanut butter, but I don’t remember it being my favourite thing. Now, I could probably drink it. Okay, maybe not. I just really really love it. And PURE Infused Maple Syrup has made me fall even more in love with the sweet syrup-y goodness.
These infused syrups are seriously a game changer. They’re also Canadian, so that’s of course a bonus. PURE makes 5 incredible and unique flavours of their syrup that are all-natural too! The Chipotle Lemongrass gives lemon tahini sauce or sweet mustard sauce a kick. The Vanilla, Cinnamon, and Star Anise is going to make an incredible granola. The Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Cloves belongs in banana bread or drizzled on top of oatmeal. The Ginger and Apple Cider Vinegar Gastrique makes roasted vegetables just that much more delicious.
And last but not least, there’s the Lavender and Chai. If you listen carefully you hear that one screaming my name. This is the one that caught my eye right away and I was most excited to try. Lavender + chai is not a likely pair to me, but I love both flavours so I was so intrigued. It’s floral and has a little spice and it’s just beautiful. As you have probably guess this one is also the star of these brownies.
The maple tahini swirl is definitely the best part of these brownies. I am guilty of scraping the swirl off of other brownies and leaving some without because it’s just so good. It adds an extra fudgy sweet and nuttiness to these already fudgy, rich, and chocolatey brownies.
They’re also really quick and easy to make. So you can get your brownie fix stat. Extra bonus: you’re left with very few dishes to wash – two bowls, a few measuring utensils, and that’s basically it! If you use parchment paper you could probably get away with not washing the baking tray (lazy baker tip). Okay, maybe you shouldn’t listen to me and at least rinse it.
Anyways, these brownies belong in your life.
I won’t say these are life changing, but they’re pretty close to it.
If you give these a try, let me know! Tag me in a picture on Twitter or Instagram or just leave me a comment below!
And be sure to check out PURE Infused to find out more about their beautiful products and for maple-y recipe inspiration!
- ¾ cup spelt flour
- ⅓ cup stevia
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ½ c + 2 tbsp nondairy milk
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1.5 tbsp Lavender & Chai PURE Infused maple syrup*
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the spelt flour, stevia, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, vanilla, and applesauce and begin to gently mix into the dry ingredients. Slowly add in the nondairy milk as you stir, making a thick batter.
- Evenly distribute the brownie batter in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the tahini and maple syrup. Drop dollops of this mixture on the brownie batter and swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges begin to pull away and the top is dry. The should pass the toothpick test.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes in the baking dish, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before cutting in to 9-12 squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Disclosure: I received these products for free from PURE Infused to review. All opinions are 100% my own.
What’s your favourite way to eat maple syrup?