I’m all about that no-bake life lately.
Maybe it’s because it’s getting to be summer time? Or because where I work makes beautiful raw treats? Or because I’m lazy?
Probably the latter…
Usually I talk about a bunch of stuff before I even mention the recipe I’m sharing, but today all I want to talk about is these bars. I’m a little (a lot) obsessed with these mango tahini date cereal bars. There are so many things I adore made into one delicious and simple snack.
The first time I tried making these bars months ago, they would not stay in bar form no matter what I tried. I refrigerated, I froze them, I packed ’em down as much as possible, but it just was not happening for me. I kept it in the freezer and just grabbed little chunks whenever I was craving something sweet, I was in love.
For my second time around, I changed up a few things and was so excited when they held their shape. They started off sans mango, but as they were in the fridge setting I spotted an overripe mango in my fruit bowl. Mango and tahini is one of my favourite combos ever, so I knew they needed to be a part of these bars.
If you don’t have any mango you want to sacrifice for this, I understand. Instead you could top these bad boys with dark chocolate, which would be incredible, or coconut butter, which would also be A+, or you can leave them bare!
I just want you to have these bars in your life. They don’t taste like health food, but they totally are. The bars are made from tahini, medjool dates, oats, and fruit juice sweetened corn flakes. I also added some hemp seeds and chia seeds for a little nutrient boost! The mango topping is mango blended with coconut oil and it turns into a soft, but solid mango fudge-like topping, which adds a refreshing flavour to these sweet bars.
They’re crunchy, chewy, sweet, nutty, and all around awesome. I think you’ll fall in love at first bite.
I’m eating one as I type this because staring at the photos made me crave one so badly.
They’re also great to have in the freezer for a quick on the go snack!
If you give these a try, let me know! Tag me on Instagram or Twitter or just comment below!
- ½ cup medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup cornflakes (fruit juice sweetened if available)
- 1¼ cup large flake oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- ¼ cup ripe mango
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Place the dates, tahini, and water in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Add the cornflakes to a large bowl and lightly crush them with your hands. Mix in the oats and seeds.
- Add the tahini date mixture into the cereal bowl and mix until all the cereal is coated and a sticky thick mixture has formed.
- Transfer to a parchment lined loaf pan and press down evenly.
- Place in fridge and let set for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- For the mango topping, blend the mango and coconut oil until smooth.
- Pour on to the cereal bars and spread evenly. Place in freezer until the topping sets.
- Cut into 8-10 bars.
- Store in the freezer for a little over a month.