It’s frozen dessert season and I couldn’t be more excited! You better believe my body is ready for all the ice creams, popsicles, and shakes. First up, dreamy mocha cookies and cream popsicles.
I’ve been plotting treats combining coffee and cookies and cream for probably a year now. Last summer, I couldn’t decide if I wanted ice cream or a milkshake, so it just never happened. Then it was cold and frozen treats weren’t exactly ~seasonal~. Now here we are with popsicles.
Also hi hello I am back in Canada-land! Leaving NYC was bittersweet, but I’m excited about being home with a new job, new priorities, and a positive mindset. I’m feeling SO excited about what’s to come. Spending time in nature has been so grounding, the weather has been perfect, and I’m just so grateful to live in this beautiful city. Getting back in the kitchen and behind the camera has filled my heart with so much joy (bare with me and all of these photos – I was just having so much fun). After photographing a recipe that I’m excited about gets me so giddy. Also – home is where these mocha cookies and cream popsicles are sooOooO.
For these decadent bad boys, I just used plain ol’ Oreos because I had some in the house, Oreos in fruit sweetened popsicles = balance. Oreos are one of those things I never buy, but if they show up in my house, I’m not mad about it at alllll. If you’re not into that, feel free to use any other sandwich cookies, I know the ones from Trader Joes and Newman O’s are vegan. Or if you’d prefer homemade, my friend Natalie has an amazing gluten-free recipe. Whichever chocolatey sandwich cookie you decide on will be a good choice.
The popsicles themselves are rich and creamy. They’re sweet and have just enough coffee flavour to come through, but not overwhelm. They’re made from coconut milk and banana luscious creaminess and dates for sweetness. The cookies are sprinkled into the popsicle molds and once frozen, I gave them a quick drizzle of chocolate and some more cookies for crunch. All together – perfection!
This recipe makes just 4 popsicles, you could easily multiply the ingredients to whip up some more. I love having just 4 because then I have more space in my life to try a variety of popsicles!
If you give these mocha cookies and cream popsicles a try, let me know! Instagram it and tag @lovemefeedme, share on FB or Twitter, or leave a comment down below.
- ⅓ cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1 ripe banana
- ⅓ cup coffee, cooled
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2-3 chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- Blend coconut milk, banana, coffee, vanilla, and dates until smooth.
- Smash up the cookies.
- Sprinkle some cookie chunks/crumbles into the bottom of 4 popsicle molds. Fill halfway with the coffee mixture, sprinkle more cookies, and pour remaining liquid to fill up the molds.
- Stick a popsicle stick into each.
- Freeze until solid.
- To remove the popsicles, run the molds under hot water until you can wiggle them out.
- Melt chocolate with the coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted and drizzly.
- Drizzle chocolate over popsicles and crumble some cookies on immediately. Let set in the freezer for a few minutes.
What summer-y treats and frozen goodies are you most excited about?