I feel like I should be giving you something green.
And I probably would have if I hadn’t spilled all my matcha the other day. So no green from me today. I hope you accept these PB&J cups with open arms instead.
I think I’ve only ever celebrated St Patrick’s Day once. That was because I was in Dublin for it last year and it was insane. Imagine a street. Now imagine it filled with people, like I mean stuffed in there so much you can barely see the ground. Okay and they are all in green. Most of them waving beers around. Now try to picture yourself trying to maneuver your way through that sea of stumbling loud green people without losing any of your friends to a random guy who wants to dance. Now you have a pretty good idea of what it’s like to be at Temple Bar for St Paddys Day. Even though it was madness, it was incredibly fun and such an amazing experience.
It’s so hard to believe that it was a year ago that I went gallivanting through Europe. Thinking about it makes my itch to travel so strong.
And this has nothing to do with the recipe I’m giving you today, so enough of my rambling and on to the food because…
It’s peanut butter jelly time. Peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time.
It seems that I’m a little obsessed with PB&J lately. I recently posted these PB&J Crumble Bars and I can’t stop thinking of all these different PB&J things I want to make. And did you see these PB&J Crumble Muffins?! Oh my god. Just give me all the peanut butter and jelly things please.
These PB&J cups are ridiculously simple to make and absolutely delightful.
It starts with a peanut butter shell. Then comes the juicy berry chia jam stuffed inside. And then another layer of the creamy peanut butter shell. A little salty, a little sweet, and a lot of delicious.
I tried making the shell with cacao butter* and coconut oil and both worked perfect, so feel free to use whichever you have on hand! I will mention that the ones made with cacao butter had a bit of a richer flavour, but the coconut oil version was still awesome.
If you give these a try, let me know! Show me on Instagram by tagging @lovemefeedme, tweet about it, or let me know in the comments below.
If you’d like to make these with peanut butter (or any other nut butter) instead of peanut flour, use 1/4 cup of peanut butter and half the amount of cacao butter/coconut oil!
- ¼ cup cacao butter or coconut oil
- ⅓ cup peanut flour
- 10-15 drops of liquid stevia
- ½ cup berries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Start by making the jam - place berries in a saucepan with a splash of water over medium heat. Once they are soft and have cooked down a bit, remove from heat. Mash the berries with a fork, stir in the chia seeds, and then place in the fridge to set.
- Melt the cacao butter/coconut oil using a double boiler method or in the microwave. Once melted, stir in the peanut flour and stevia.
- Arrange 6 mini liners on a plate. Spoon some of the 'peanut butter' into each liner, just a little more than enough to line the bottom. Try to get some up on the sides of the liners as well. Place in freezer for a few minutes or until they have set.
- Once set, fill each with a layer of the berry jam. Try to keep it in the middle of the cup. Then with the remaining 'peanut butter' cover the tops of the cups.
- Place in freezer for at least 10 minutes to set.
- Then enjoy!
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
What’s one of your favourite food combos? Kabocha + cashew butter is on the top of my list.